Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day 7 Littleone Aries' Opening at Crossworlds Gallery

What a joy it was to be at this fabulous event tonight in Crossworlds Gallery with artist Littleone Aries.



'I have been a working studio artist for over 30 years now. Self-taught, painting has been as much a part of my life as breathing. I learned by doing'.


Fabilene Cortes (below) and her business partner Nerd Bert invited us all to this magnificent opening to celebrate yet another talented artist of SL.



I have taken some pictures of the paintings and some of the guests, many of them well known artists themselves, so you can have at least a vicarious glimpse of the event if you were unable to attend.



Here is the SLurl to the first floor of Crossworlds Gallery where you can visit these works personally:

http://slurl.com/secondlife/lynto%20land/145/136/89




With Toby Howton spinning some tunes the night could not have  gone amiss and we had a large number of visitors.
Many of those who came to view the art works stayed to dance to the music late into the night.

Here are a couple of my personal favourites from the works on display:

'Over 20 of those years have been spent on a little mountain in the Caribbean where my primary studio is located. I recently opened a second studio in Saratoga Springs, New York'.



'Mundillo Strings' and 'Playing into the Night' (Fabi gave Toby the latter as a birthday present and he is thrilled with it).



Crossworlds group members Liam Dartmouth and Luckylocket Classito dancing in between browsing.

'I made the decision years ago that the best way to get people interested in coming to see my paintings was to simply be the best painter I could possibly be. Easel time. I put in a LOT of easel time'.




The works 'Camouflage' and 'Madre de los Pobres' are typical of the show inasmuch as they demonstrate the two main themes of this show as being musical and verdant.  



Fabilene Cortes relaxing with well known artist Bernard Herzog.

We can feel some of the ethos of Littleone when we look at her works. To me they have a very gentle but bouyant energy.

'I offer my world up to you as a refuge. I believe that is the purpose of my art.... it is a sanctuary for my soul while creating it and I would like it to be a sanctuary for yours while viewing it'.


'Holding on to this Good Earth' and 'Wind in the Leaves'


Another of my absolute favourite artists, Feathers Boa steals a few minutes  away from her studio to chat with Fabi.


Kev Portilo, one of the DJ's at Crossworlds Jazz Club 'Over the Rainbow' dancing with his partner Hope2Sorbet


I couldnt resist finishing off with a picture of Toby dancing with me, it was his birthday after all.



If you would like to explore Littleone's works further please visit her websites below:


Websites for Monica Linville:
http://www.monicalinville.com
http://www.fineartamerica.com
http://www.creativepaintingworkshops.net


Photographs by Dearest Myrtle

No comments:

Post a Comment